Since I'm originally from Wisconsin snow isn't a big deal for me, and since I've lived in Tennessee for 3 years I'm starting to enjoy the beauty of snow again. My friend Sandra is from Mississippi so she was pretty excited about the white magic. We obviously decided to go out and shoot in it.
I decided to shoot first. Sandra had a dress she loves so I shot her in that first. I like adding movement to my images instead of just pretty portraits in unusual places.
The second shot was .. erm the same concept just with my touch of an abandoned wedding dress.
I love playing in Photoshop. Like .. LOVE! I meet a lot of people who hate Photoshop, which probably just fuels my love for it even more.
For my images I did fairly small changes (in my opinion). I changed the trees from a sort of dying yellow to a forest(ier) green and gave her hair a purple or white tint. My bigger changes would be the black fabric and the branches in the second image were both added.
I'm a lot happier than I was expecting with these images because I didn't have a clear idea where I was going which in turn allowed complete freedom and no down side. I did have a little trouble coming up with a clear final piece but I'm still trying to work on "less is more" concept.
The best part about this shoot was that it was sleeting the whole time and Sandra and I both changed outside. Yup, we got nekkid in the freezing rain and snow. It was a very tense shoot. We didn't waste time and had to think quickly. It was a great learning experience. :)
P.S. I have one more image I'm working on from this shoot. It's very Photoshop heavy which is why it's not ready yet. I'm very VERY excited to share it, so stay tuned!


0 comments:
Post a Comment